General News

GHANA: John Mahama Concede Defeat In Country’s Elections

ACCRA – The incumbent John Dramani Mahama of Ghana has called the opposition leader Nana Addo Danquah to concede defeat in the country’s tightly contested election.

With about only 80% of the results announced, the remaining 20% which has most coming from the strongholds of the opposition could not turn results down.

“To calm things and reduce tension in the country, I have decided to call earlier to concede defeat. Congratulations.”- John Mahama said in a phone call.

The results coming from various polling stations is clear indication that Ghanaians needed change.

The ruling NDC has lost several parliamentary seats to the NPP.

Copyright © 2016 powered by CNNAlive

To Top
error: Content is protected !!